Saturday, June 2, 2012

Apothecary Jars

Do you have fun apothecary jars?  I do.  Right now they are sitting empty because I haven't found anything to put in them that my kids won't eat in a day or two.  Not to mention I worry that with the humidity, the regular things that I like to put in them like large bubblegum balls in seasonal colors (Orson Gygi's is a great place to get these whether by flavor or color assortment) will get all sticky and gross. 

I found this great idea at makoodle.com for summer decor using dried beans/legumes!  I love it!   It will last for more than a couple of days and dried beans are really inexpensive- even better!  My guess is that it will last all summer and if I don't mind sorting them, they will probably still be good for next summer.  Think:  Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day--- it works for all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment