Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rosemary Bread with Dipping Oil

I got the recipe for Rosemary Bread from Our Best Bites.  Have you checked out their website?  Seriously- they have great recipes--- of all the ones that I have tried, I have liked all but one.  The one was not bad, just so-so.  ALL THE REST....FANTASTIC!  Now that is pretty amazing in my book!

I don't know about you, but I am a little finicky with rosemary.  Some times I love the rosemary taste, sometimes I don't.  It can taste a little ..... flowery... for lack of a better word.  So I was worried about if I would like this or not, but I decided to give it a try.  I did really like it.....but I don't know if it was the bread fresh out of the oven, or the dipping sauce that we dipped it in!  The combination together was definitely good.  And the kids have even been snacking on the leftovers of the bread--- which is always a good sign! (completely unexpected- I didn't think they'd like anything so....herb-y...now there's a technical word)

You can find their recipe HERE.  While you're there, you might want to check out their other recipes!

I have had a few people say that they didn't want to have to go to another site to get the recipe--- here it is (with my slight modifications)

Rosemary Bread 
1 C. very warm (but not hot) water
1 Tbs. yeast
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. Kosher salt
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. dried rosemary, crushed/chopped as much as you can
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 1/2 Cups flour

In a small bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar.  Set aside until really foamy- about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, rosemary, oregano, and garlic powder.  Add the yeast mixture to this along with 1 Tbs. olive oil and knead until mixed well (5 minutes in a stand mixer). 

Grease a bowl and place dough in.  Let rise until doubled.  Then knead gently for a minute and shape into a round loaf.  Place on a cookie sheet and let rise until doubled again.  Brush gently with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with additional Kosher salt.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown.  Serve immediately with garlic dip (below)

Garlic Oil and Vinegar Dip
Pour olive oil onto a small plate (2-3 Tbs.)
crush one clove of garlic into the oil
add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (can omit)

Stir together, cover, and let sit for a couple of hours.  When ready to serve, pour balsamic vinegar on top (according to your preference.  We love balsamic vinegar, so we added 3-4 Tbs. balsamic vinegar).  You might want to start with 2-3 Tbs. 








No comments:

Post a Comment