Thursday, June 7, 2012

Knorr Spinach Dip

Just the thought of this dip makes my mouth water.  The recipe is from the back of a Vegetable Soup Mix packet- but sometimes they change their recipes, so I have kept my favorite version.  It is so good, I haven't seen the need for any modifications!  Yay! 
Let's just pretend that I normally put the dip in a crystal bowl instead of serving it right out of the Tupperware container I mixed it in.  Let's also pretend that we usually eat it with healthy vegetables instead of Wavy Lays potato chips.  Let's pretend. 

Knorr Spinach Dip
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
16 oz. sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 pkg. Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
1 can water chestnuts, drained and diced
3 green onions, sliced

Mix all of the above in a bowl and refrigerate for a couple of hours so the flavors can blend and the veggies from the soup mix can soften.  If you can't wait to taste it, the dip is still good with the veggies all crunchy in dehydrated goodness!  Before serving, stir again to mix the flavors.  A few tips on this recipe:

 *Make sure you buy the regular Vegetable soup/recipe mix, NOT the SPRING Vegetable Mix.  I did this once.  It is NOT the same! 

*If you want to make it with a LITTLE tiny bit less fat, I usually use Naturally Yours Fat Free Sour Cream.  I actually use this in ALL of my recipes.  It has good flavor and texture, and cooks up in recipes just like the regular full fat version.  Unfortunately, where we live right now I can't find this in stores.  The Daisy brand works well, too. 

*Also, to drain the spinach after it has thawed, I spoon the spinach into a paper towel or clean dish cloth.  Then I twist the bundle to squeeze out all of the extra water.  You don't want the excess liquid to water down the dip!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment