Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
                                          Orange Cream Pops Cupcakes by Food Snots

I found this (I think on pinterest) and had to try it.  This picture is from the food snots blog, it isn't mine.  I didn't take any pictures of what mine turned out like....but let's just say they didn't look like this!  :)  I didn't do a good job of getting the vanilla and orange frosting in the bag in the right amounts.  So some cupcakes had pretty much all orange frosting, some had almost all vanilla.  Oh, well.  They still turned out tasting great, and I really didn't have any of the problems with stickiness that they mentioned in the blog.  I'll be making these again, so I'll swap out my pitiful picture with hers at that point. 

I did add a few drops of water to the orange jello powder to help dissolve it before adding it to the frosting.  I also added about a tablespoon of Tang drink mix powder to the jello water because the orange flavor in the frosting wasn't quite strong enough for me.  With the Tang, it was about perfect!

To get the recipe, you'll have to click on the link and go to the Food Snots blog.  I highly recommend trying these.... the cupcakes are yummy!  :)  I'm thinking that it would also be good to try it using a chocolate cake mix and a streak of chocolate frosting instead of vanilla.  Kind of like those addicting chocolate orange jelly candy sticks.  Also- it would look perfect for Halloween!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a question about these cupcakes. If I make and decorate them a day ahead, do they need to go into the fridge or freezer or can I just leave them out on the counter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would keep them in the fridge. An hour or two before serving, set them out so they can come to room temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for a party and they were a huge hit. Everyone loved them. I will be making them again.

    ReplyDelete