Thursday, May 24, 2012

Charm Clutch pattern by Amy Butler

This Amy Butler "the Charm Clutch" pattern makes a wide but short bag.  For its size, it is surprisingly roomy inside due to the extra panel in the bottom of the bag. I liked how this one turned out. It feels very durable and strong. I love that it has a zipper closure. I have to admit that the pattern is probably the most complicated bag pattern I have yet to use. I am a fairly experienced sewer, so that is saying a lot. It isn't hard- just hard to figure out. I think the instructions could be better. At one point in installing the zipper, the fabric is so tiny and the space so cramped that it felt like it would never work. But it did. Maybe it's just that it takes a lot of time to make. Still probably just a day- but it doesn't feel like it's going as fast as making a Bella Bag. I really don't know why I felt like it was so hard. I just know that when it was done, all I could think was, "Phew! I'm glad that one's finished!"   I will say that I feel like the overall finished look was more professional looking (it didn't have as much of a "homemade" look to it) than the other bags that I have done.  I consider that a good thing.  I will make it again- because the first time trying a pattern is always the hardest, and it does make a cute bag. I almost put on a little purple flower...

No comments:

Post a Comment