Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Bella Bag pattern review


 My favorite pattern to use for a nice heavy duty bag is "The Bella Bag" by Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures.  It takes about a day to make (depending on how many interruptions you have).   After your 7th one, you get much faster than that!   The pattern is clear, simple, and easy to understand.  I was worried that the grommets would be hard to put in, but they are easy.  This was my first time putting in a magnetic closure.  I was intimidated by the thought of figuring out how to put one in.  I was again pleasantly surprised by how simple and easy it was (I felt a little stupid for worrying about putting one in!).  I did add an extra inch and a half to two inches to the top opening of the bag so it would be wide enough to hold a 2" binder (packed full- I was thinking of church duties!)  I found the pattern at a cute little quilt shop in St. George, Utah just off the Boulevard.  I googled the pattern, and it is available online, too.  I added the large flower with a rhinestone button center to the bag because I always love extra bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment