Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Table Runner

So, you remember my post from the day when I was trying to sew, but my mind wasn't on sewing?  Well, I finally finished that project!  I debated and debated, and actually wanted to make this into a blanket, but I made the squares so tiny, I didn't have enough time to make it into a blanket.  Actually, I didn't have enough of some of the fabrics, either.  This is the finished table runner!  Yeah--- most projects I am happy to work on, and I enjoy the process.  For whatever bizarre reason, this is one I am glad to put to rest and move on! And it wasn't that hard!   
 Yes, I'm sure you remember my troubles getting the Chevrons right.  You'll be glad to know that after that day, I didn't make very many mistakes, and things went back to normal. 
It took me a long time to find the right placement of the chevron rows.  I had a hard time getting it to feel balanced.  So I arranged and rearranged until it looked right to me.
Here I'm just trying out a few items on top of the runner...
  And the gingham back.  Just in time to have it out for a day, then it will be put away until next year! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment