Friday, February 22, 2013

Argyle Plaid Baby Quilt

Isn't Greg so nice to hold my quilts for me?  Because that's just what any 11 year old boy wants to do!  :)

Ok. So when you make something, do you think, "This is my favorite__________ yet!" ???? Well, when I finished with this quilt, that is just what I thought!  My favorite quilt top yet!  I started with all diamonds, then sewed strips of contrasting fabric down the centers, every other row.  I feel like this picture doesn't quite do it justice.  Here you mainly see the lights and darks of the fabrics, and the trend going in rows.  In person, that isn't quite as noticeable--- each diamond stands out better.  I love it!  I am so excited and want to try it out with lots of different fabrics.........good thing I know where to find more fabric.  In the craft closet!  I bet you thought I meant the fabric store, and I was giving up my resolution to "use the stash" already! But, no. I am still going strong.  :)

All in all, the quilt top wasn't too bad.  It took a little adjusting to get used to sewing with all the angles.  Most of the places where all 4 points meet are spot on, but some are a little off.  I had to just let go and not worry about it too much.  It took me all day just to do the purple top, then another day to sew on the yellow strips, quilt it, and bind it.  Which is kind of a lot considering that it is just a baby blanket!  But, I really think that now that I've made one, the next one will go a lot faster.  At least I hope it will. I definitely think I will try for a random placement next time, to avoid having the eye distracted by an unintended background pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment