Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2013

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  Like me, do you usually forget about them before January is over?  :)   I haven't made resolutions in years because I hate it when I forget about them and then feel dumb that I even tried.  So, after not doing them for a while, I discovered--- that if you don't make the goals, you for sure won't accomplish them!  Ha ha.  Like it was difficult to figure that one out.  So, for the first time in a few years, I am not making resolutions, but I AM making goals.  Same diff, right?  Whatever progress I make will still be better than me not making the goals!  Some goals are personal, and I won't be sharing them.  But some are not.

1.  I am going to try to get as many of my UFO s (UnFinished Objects) done as I can this year.  But I think saying that isn't quite specific enough.  I will try to finish one unfinished project a week.  I am hoping that it will help clear out a lot of the "stuff" hanging around here!  And getting rid of some of the clutter will feel so much better! 

2. Along with that, I am going to try to post regularly- every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  That will help give me incentive to get some of these projects done!  Monday will be a recipe (one of my unfinished projects is going through an entire packing box full of recipes I've clipped from various sources.  I don't want to include them in my recipe book if I haven't tried them and liked them!  I have lots and lots to go through and try, type up, and organize.  So, please, bear with me on it!  :)  Wednesday will be some sort of craft or homey idea, project, or tip.  Heaven knows I have lots of those kinds of projects hanging around, unfinished!  Friday will be some sort of sewing project, idea, or tip.  You don't even want to know how much fabric I need to use up!  Let's just say I have been trying to use it up, and over the last year have only managed to use up maybe 20%.  Maybe less.  So sad, I know.  So---- I will be restricting as much as I possibly can --- these fabric projects to fabric I already have on hand.  The idea is to finish projects, not just start new ones!  :)

3.  Keep it simple.  As in, that's it.  I think those two public goals (in addition to my personal ones) will take up a bit of time, and I want to try to make it do-able so I don't give up.  So, that's it for the "public" goals. 

What goals do you have in mind for the New  Year?

1 comment:

  1. Love your plan for goals :) I haven't even made any goals yet.....still trying to get back into reality after a lazy Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete