Friday, March 1, 2013

Argyle Plaid Baby Quilt, Take 2

Ok, so I know that last week's sewing project was an argyle plaid baby quilt.  This time I thought I would try it again, making a few changes.  Instead of trying for a more random look, I made it a repeated pattern, with the light diamonds in the middle of the yellow plaid lines.  I feel like it helped the top look more like a plaid top.  So-- the key was to use a more noticeable pattern, not a more random pattern. 

This time I also thought I would add the baby's name on the back.  I wanted to on the first baby quilt, but wasn't quite sure how to make it look ok.  After a lot of thought, a ridiculous amount of thought (why do I have to overthink these little things?), I finally decided to do the name in plain white with little yellow flowers with purple centers.  I like how it turned out, and am even happy with the quilted look after washing.  Yay!  Another baby project done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment