Monday, October 1, 2012

Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies

 
A few months ago, I stumbled across this recipe for Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies from Yammie's Noshery.  They were heavenly!  :)  I made big cookies (using about 3 Tbs. of dough), but then cooked them for the minimum amount of time, so they were cooked, but still didn't quite look cooked in the middle (the middles should still look shiny).  I did that so they would remain soft.  I found that when I cooked them until they were done, they dried out and didn't taste as much like a brownie.  When cooking large cookies for a short amount of time, you will need to let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before you can remove them to a cooling rack. 

I forgot to take a picture, so darn it, I'll just have to make them again and remember to take a picture!

 A few quirks to this recipe---
***The dough will be hot when you are trying to add your chocolate chips.  If you just add them right after mixing it up, then the chips will melt and you won't have any chocolate "chips" in your cookie.  So, let the dough cool for a little while before adding *frozen* chocolate chips.  I usually keep my chocolate chips in the freezer anyway, because that seems to help the kids not eat them all before I can make cookies!  When I was making this recipe, having the chips be frozen really helped them to not melt! 
***Also, you'll want to finish making the cookies after the couple hours chilling in the fridge.  This dough goes rock hard in the fridge if you wait a whole lot longer.  If you run out of time and have to put the dough back in the fridge, you can pull them out later to make, but #1 you'll have to let them "warm" up a little before being able to hack into the dough and #2 the dough seems to dry out a little, too, so you might want to add a little (not very much at all) water to not have them crumbling all over the place.  Or possibly even try to warm up the dough a little in the microwave.   

I hope you like them as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment